Before we get into how to add triggers to flows let us review what a trigger actually is.
What is a trigger for a flow?
It is a condition in which, if present, a certain flow will be activated.
This condition can either be a behavioral event i.e. the customer views a specific page or a conversational trigger i.e. the customer says a variation of a specific phrase.
In order to add a specific trigger to a flow please follow the steps indicated below.
- Log in to your Rep console and navigate to the Advanced >> Responsive Flows (You may also choose Proactive Flows and follow the same steps)
- Find and select the flow of interest that needs to be edited to add an additional trigger
- From within the flow layout screen find and select the Start Point.
- Once you have selected the Start Point navigate to top of the left side bar and select Add trigger under Conversational. (Behavioral trigger can also be selected but it is more complicated to set up and required more knowledge of the customer journey desired)
- Once clicked you should see a pop-up modal show up where you will be able to select between Built-in and Custom triggers.
- If you choose to use a built in trigger you can just select the trigger you would like to add from the list and hit Save.
- However, if you wish to create a custom trigger select Custom.
- Once selected you may modify the initial phrasing by clicking on the “how to” part of the trigger and searching for the appropriate phrasing.
- Once you select the appropriate initial phrasing you may add the subject of the trigger within the text-input field. Rep AI will be able to detect variations of the trigger phrase as well.
- Simply hit the Save button when you finish inputting the trigger and you have successfully added a new trigger for your chosen flow!
Triggers can be used to initiate customer journeys when customers visit certain pages, say specific phrases or are part of specific customer groups.